Award-winning Audubon magazine invites nature photographers and birdwatchers to enter their best bird photos in the fourth annual Audubon Magazine Photography Awards, presented in association with Nature’s Best Photography magazine.
Photographers can compete to have their best image succeed last year’s Grand Prize winner, Carol Graham Fryer’s spectacular shot of a red-shouldered hawk. Click to see last year’s winners.
The contest will end on September 5, so shutterbugs have the entire summer to build up bird photos.
This year’s winning shots will be published in the January-February 2013 issue of Audubon and in Nature’s Best Photography. Entrants also compete for trips, camera equipment, and other great prizes:
• An SP 90mm lens and an AF 18-270mm lens from Tamron, Official Lens Sponsor
• EPSON Stylus® Photo R3000 Printer from Epson, Official Printer Sponsor
• $1,000 B&H Gift Card from First Republic Bank, Lead Financial Sponsor
• Five nights in Peruvian eco-lodges, from Inkaterra Hotels
• Five nights at The Lodge at Pico Bonito in Honduras
• Tour courtesy of Caravan Tours, Inc.
• AllView Panoramic Tripod from Celestron
• iPod Touch loaded with Audubon Guides apps, from Green Mountain Digital
“Beautiful photography has the power to connect people with nature,” says Audubon Editor-in-Chief David Seideman. “The quality of last year’s submissions speaks to the photographers’ profound passion for birds, whose beauty and majesty is unmatched by any other creatures on earth.”
The 2012 Audubon Magazine Photography Awards competition is open to legal residents of all 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec). There are three categories: Professional, Amateur, and Youth.
More information: http://audubonmagazinephotoawards.org.
To ask questions about the competition: email@example.com.
To download a free screensavers of some of last year’s best shots: http://www.audubonscreensaver.org
Follow the magazine online www.audubonmagazine.org.