Audubon Warns of Fraudulent Renewal Offers
How to Renew Safely -- It's Easy
The following companies do not represent National Audubon Society, Inc:
- Publishers Billing Exchange, 216 Lemmon Drive, Reno, NV 89506
- National Magazine Service Inc, PO Box 98, Elmsford, NY 10523
- Publishers Billing Exchange, PO Box 7004, La Habra, CA 90632
- Publishers Billing Association, 1359 E. Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Other Known Companies: PBE, Publishers Billing Center, National Magazine Service, National Magazine Services, Subscription Business Center
This is a problem for many organizations that offer a subscription or membership to a magazine. Unscrupulous companies will use mail, phone and email solicitations to obtain your bank account or credit card information and they may be persistent in getting you to renew over the phone. Do not divulge any of your payment information to any of the above companies by mail or by phone. Do not send them checks or money orders. Do not make checks payable to these fraudulent companies.
Genuine renewal notices from the National Audubon Society, always contain our name and logo. In addition the letter or envelope will include our national headquarters address:
225 Varick Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10014
The return envelope (with which to send your payment) will list one of our two P.O. Box addresses:
P.O. Box 41543, Philadelphia, PA 19101-1543
P.O. Box 422247, Palm Coast, FL 32142-6716
We ALWAYS request that checks be payable to "National Audubon Society." If you suspect that you have received a fraudulent renewal notice in the mail, please call our customer service number at 1-800-274-4201 and then report the incident to your local Postmaster and Attorney General, so that they may conduct a proper investigation on the company.