The Montezuma Wetlands Complex is teeming with migratory waterfowl this time of year. Follow behind the Audubon van in your own vehicle to Montezuma’s marshes, forests, and grasslands to explore several birding hotspots and the abundant wildlife as they go about their daily activities. Participants will receive a conference call phone number to hear the Audubon educator narrate the tour and ask questions between stops. Guests are welcome to get out of their vehicles at each stop so facial coverings will be required and we will follow physical distancing guidelines. Bring your binoculars and camera to capture images of the beautiful habitats and wildlife.
This tour will depart from the Montezuma Audubon Center located at 2295 State Route 89, Savannah, NY.
Admission: $5/child, $10/adult, $30/family
Space is limited and pre-paid reservations are required
Click on the Tour Date below to register
- Friday, November 6, 2020 @ 1:30 - 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020 @ 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 14, 2020 @ 1:30 - 4 p.m.
- Thursday, November 19, 2020 @ 1:30 - 4 p.m.
- Saturday, November 21, 2020 @ 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 2, 2020 @ 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
For questions, call 315-365-3588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Cancellation/Reimbursement Policy
- If the MAC cancels an event, we will initiate a full reimbursement.
- If you need to cancel registration for an event, you must call or email the MAC at 315-365-3588 or email@example.com.
- If you cancel more than a week before the event, we will initiate a reimbursement minus a 10% administrative fee, or credit you for a future event.
- No reimbursements are issued for cancellations received less than a week before the date of the event.
Mallards, Canvasbacks, and Lesser Scaups. Photo: Laura Frazier / GBBC
The Montezuma Audubon Center (MAC) is a vibrant nature education center that houses a large exhibit area, classroom, nature store, auditorium, and meeting room. This 198-acre property features five different types of habitat, two restored freshwater marshes, a one-mile hiking trail, and an all-access observation platform, and is part of the Montezuma Wetlands Complex (MWC)—a significant Important Bird Area and one of the largest conservation projects in the nation for reclamation of important wildlife and wetland habitat.
The center is operated by Audubon New York (a state office of the National Audubon Society), in partnership with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Ducks Unlimited, The Nature Conservancy, and Pheasants Forever. Visitors are welcome to enjoy the grounds, nature programs, education resources, conservation-themed events, and nature store throughout the year. Learn more at ny.audubon.org/montezuma.