Have questions about how to prepare or what to bring to the Convention? Discover the answers below.
If you have a question that is not addressed, please send it to email@example.com and we will be glad to help.
How can I connect with other attendees before the convention?
- Make arrangements to share accommodations, airport transfers, rides and ideas on the Convention Facebook Group. This is a closed group for convention attendees only and is monitored by Audubon. Look for the Red-tailed Hawk.
- Learn about convention programs, field trips, and share the 2019 Audubon Convention with your friends on Facebook through the Convention Facebook Event. This is a public page that can be seen by all Facebook users. Look for the Black-crowned Night Heron.
How can I change the sessions I plan to attend from what I selected during the registration process?
- Find the automated registration confirmation email from the name Pam Nicholls with the subject line ‘Registration Confirmed – 2019 Audubon Convention’. Scroll down to the bottom of the email and click on the link that says ‘Click here to view the event summary’. From there, you will need to enter the confirmation number provided in the email. Next, click on the button ‘Modify’. You can select ‘Information’ to update your personal information or select ‘Registration’ to edit the sessions you plan to attend.
What meals are included in the registration cost?
- Friday Welcome Reception
- Lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- Sunday Outdoor Community Barbecue
- All field trips include a boxed lunch unless otherwise noted in the program.
- The Saturday Banquet is $65 per person.
- At all dinners, alcoholic beverages are available to purchase at your own expense.
How do I get to the Hilton Milwaukee City Center?
- You may rent a car if you would like to explore the area during your visit. Discounted parking is available at the Hilton for $10 per night.
- Uber and Lyft are active in the Milwaukee area. A one-way ride between the Milwaukee airport and the hotel is approximately $20.
- The Amtrak Intermodal station is located two blocks from the hotel.
- 15-minute train from Milwaukee airport for approximately $8.
- 90-minute train from Chicago for approximately $25.
- GO Riteway Transportation offers airport shuttles from Milwaukee, Chicago O’Hare and Chicago Midway. Book your ride here.
- Nearby Airports
- Milwaukee International Airport (MKE): 10 miles / 15 minute drive
- Madison Dane County (MSN): 76 miles / 1 hour and 15 minute drive
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD): 77 miles / 1 hour and 20 minute drive
- Chicago Midway (MDW): 106 miles / 2 hour drive
When can I check-in and pick up my registration packet?
- Registration will be located in the 4th Floor Foyer of the Hilton Milwaukee City Center at the following dates and times.
- Thursday, July 25: 1:00pm – 7:00pm
- Friday, July 26: 7:30am – 6:00pm
- Saturday, July 27: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Sunday, July 28: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- The Hilton Milwaukee City Center’s check-in time is 3:00pm and check-out is at 12:00pm.
What should I wear and what else should I bring to Milwaukee?
- Wear casual clothes and comfortable shoes. The average temperature in Milwaukee in July is a high of 81 degrees and a low of 63 degrees.
- Please bring a water bottle, sunscreen, hat, bug spray, and binoculars (if you have them).
Do you have a special rate for my guest to attend certain portions of the convention?
- Our Friends and Family Package is $135 and allows your guest the opportunity to attend the Friday and Sunday dinners and the Saturday and Sunday plenary address sessions. For an additional charge, you may register your guest for a field trip and/or the Saturday Banquet. This package is available as an add-on for full convention registered attendees only.
- The Friday Field Outings are available to full convention registered attendees only.
Can I attend just one day on Saturday or Sunday or do I have to pay for the entire convention?
- We are happy to offer a one-day only rate for either Saturday or Sunday at cost of $250. This rate includes the plenary address, concurrent sessions, lunch, and breaks. If you would like to attend the Saturday Banquet, there is an additional fee.