Audubon Photography Awards
You’re wild about birds and your camera. Now combine your passions by entering the 2023 Audubon Photography Awards. Once again we’ll feature our two newest categories: a video category and a female bird category. You could win a cash prize or, if you’re our Youth winner, a special trip that will help you become an even better birder or bird photographer. Winning photos will be published in future issues of Audubon magazine.
Entry Period (The Entry Period Is Now Closed)
January 11, 2023–March 1, 2023 at 12 p.m. (noon) Eastern Time (ET)
Amateur, Professional, Youth, Grand, and Fisher Prizes:
- Sabine Meyer, photography director, National Audubon Society
- Preeti Desai, senior director of social media & storytelling, National Audubon Society
- Melissa Hafting, conservation photographer and youth nature educator
- Morgan Heim, conservation photographer, filmmaker and adventurer
- Noppadol Paothong, nature/conservation photographer
- Marlene Pantin, partnerships manager, plants for birds, National Audubon Society
- Mike Fernandez, video producer, National Audubon Society
- Rina Miele, wildlife photographer and videographer
- Mick Thompson, wildlife photographer and videographer
Female Bird Prize:
- Karine Aigner, conservation photographer
- Founders of the Galbatross Project: Brooke Bateman, Stephanie Beilke, Martha Harbison, Purbita Saha, Joanna Wu
- Cash prizes up to $5,000!
- Special Youth prize: Six days at winner’s choice of one (1) Hog Island Audubon Camp for Teens during the 2024 season. If winner will be age 18 at the time of the camp, they may choose the Costa Rica Teen Camp or another Hog Island Audubon Camp session for which they are eligible.
No purchase necessary. Contest begins 1/11/23 and ends 3/1/23. Must be at least 13 years of age and a legal resident of the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or Canada (excluding Quebec) to enter. Entrants under the age of majority must get permission from their parent or legal guardian to enter. Subject to Official Rules, which will be posted 1/11/23. Void where prohibited.