Enter for a chance to win Dave Showalter’s “Sage Spirit: The American West at a Crossroads” book, published July 3, 2015 by Mountaineers Books. Retail value: $24.95
In “Sage Spirit”, photographer Dave Showalter’s images carry you through vast terrain and his short essays profile Westerners who are working hard to preserve both their unique way of life and the natural character of the land they love. This book takes you on a deep and comprehensive tour of sagebrush country, covering the history of the frontier and outlining a vision for the future of the American West; one where our need for energy is balanced with our need for connected wildlife corridors. Here’s how it works:
1. Visit the National Audubon Society Facebook page on July 15 and leave a comment that states your favorite thing about the Greater Sage-grouse. Just one comment per person, please.
2. Audubon will select two random commenters to win a copy of the book.
It’s that easy!
Full terms and conditions are below. Good luck!
THE AUDUBON “SAGE SPIRIT” GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) Sponsor: National Audubon Society, Inc., 225 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014 (“Audubon”).
2) No purchase necessary.
3) The Audubon “Sage Spirit” sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open from 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 16, 2015 through 11:59 p.m. ET on July 16, 2015
4) To be eligible, Entrants must be at least 14 years old as of July 16, 2015, and a resident of the United States. Employees, officers, and directors of Audubon and of any and all entities directly associated with the Sweepstakes, including their immediate family members and members of the same household, are not eligible to participate (collectively with Audubon, the “Sweepstakes Entities”). Void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes are governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to accept and be bound by all the terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”).
5) To enter the Sweepstakes, Entrants must 1) be logged onto Facebook; 2) visit Audubon’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NationalAudubonSociety; and, 3) write a comment that states one reason why we must protect the Greater Sage Grouse (“Submission”). Audubon reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and remove any Submission and/or entrant at any time, including for false or deceptive acts. False or deceptive acts may include multiple Submissions or Submissions reasonably suspected to be generated by script, macro or other automatic means; any Submission the Audubon determines to be offensive, inappropriate, or not in keeping with Audubon’s image. Submissions may also be disqualified if the entrant has not otherwise complied with any portion of these Official Rules.
6) Only one Submission permitted per person.
7) Odds of winning depend on how many eligible Submissions are received.
8) Two winners will receive a copy of the book “Sage Spirit: The American West at a Crossroads” by Dave Showalter (retail value: $24.95)
9) Two winners will be selected by a random drawing conducted by Audubon magazine on July 20, 2015 from the pool of Submissions that state one reason why we must protect the Greater Sage-grouse. Each winner will be contacted via Facebook message, and will be required to reply within five (5) business days and provide a shipping address. If within five (5) business days, any winner does not respond to Audubon magazine’s notification, otherwise cannot be contacted, or is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may be randomly selected from the original pool using the same method.
10) Audubon is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, viruses, bugs, malfunctions, or other any other errors, human or otherwise, regardless of the cause (collectively, an “Error”). In the event of any Error, Audubon reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to discontinue, suspend, cancel, or modify the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Audubon reserves the right to re-draw from the pool of all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received prior to the Error using the selection procedure outlined above. Prize is subject to availability. No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted, except at Audubon’s sole discretion.
11) Entrants are solely responsible for their Submissions and, by entering a Submission, represent and warrant that the content of the Submission is not defamatory, obscene, hateful, harassing, or discriminatory, nor is a violation of any law, including those protecting privacy, publicity, trade secrets, copyrights or trademarks. Entrants agree to indemnify the Sweepstakes Entities against any third party claim that their Submission breaches these representations and warranties.
12) Audubon reserves the right to substitute for any reason whatsoever a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for the reporting and payment of all taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of their prize not specified herein as being awarded.
13) By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrant grants to the Sweepstakes Entities the right, unless prohibited by law, to use Entrant’s name, city and state of residence, voice, picture and likeness, and Submission, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods, services and mission of the Sweepstakes Entities, in any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity.
14) By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the prize, Entrant and/or winner agrees to, and hereby does, release the Sweepstakes Entities and Facebook from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with their participation or attempted participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the awarding, receipt, use or misuse of the prize or participation in any prize related activities, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and divisions, and their respective directors, officers, employees, attorneys, representatives and agents make no warranties, and hereby disclaim all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any winner’s ability to claim a prize awarded in the Sweepstakes for reasons of the prize provider’s bankruptcy, insolvency or failure to continue its business. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
13) You may obtain the name and city of residence of winners by mailing a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Sage Spirit” Giveaway Winners’ List, 225 Varick Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10014, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ”Sage Spirit” Giveaway Winners’ List.