Audubon #WorstBirdPic Sweepstakes
Enter for a chance to win a Canon camera and lens package, consisting of a Canon EOS RP Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-105mm Lens. Retail Value: $2199
Here’s how it works:
- Between May 20, 2019 and May 31, 2019, log into your personal Twitter account, tweet the following text (word-for-word): “I'm entering the @audubonsociety + @canonusaimaging #WorstBirdPic sweepstakes” along with your worst bird photo. Just one tweet per person please.
- Audubon will gather all tweets that include a photo and the tweet copy, and select a winner in a random drawing from among those entries.
Full terms and conditions are below.
THE AUDUBON #WORSTBIRDPIC SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) Sponsors: National Audubon Society, Inc., 225 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014 (“Audubon”) and Canon U.S.A., Inc., One Canon Park, Melville, NY 11747 (“Canon”) (each a “Sponsor”, together “Sponsors”)
2) No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win.
3) The Audubon #WorstBirdPic Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open from 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 20, 2019 through 11:59 p.m. ET on May 31, 2019.
4) To be eligible, Entrants must be at least 18 years old as of May 20, 2019 and a resident of the contiguous 48 United States at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, officers, and directors of the Sponsors and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, dealers, distributors and licensees, and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of the Sweepstakes, including immediate family members and members of the same household (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win (collectively with Sponsors, the “Sweepstakes Entities”). Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sweepstakes are governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all the terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”).
5) You will need an active Twitter account (an “Account”) to participate in this Sweepstakes. If you don’t already have an Account, visit www.twitter.com to create an Account; creating an Account is free. To enter the Sweepstakes, Entrant must: 1) log onto Twitter; and 2) write a tweet from the Entrant’s personal Twitter account that includes Entrant’s own worst bird photo with the accompanying text, “I'm entering the @audubonsociety + @canonusa #worstbirdpic sweepstakes” (“Submission”). Audubon reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and remove any Submission and/or Entrant at any time, including for false or deceptive acts. False or deceptive acts may include multiple Submissions or Submissions reasonably suspected to be generated by script, macro or other automatic means; or any Submission that Audubon determines to be offensive, inappropriate, or not in keeping with Audubon’s and/or Canon’s image. To be eligible, all Submissions must depict birdlife (i.e., contain at least one bird or bird part), and accurately reflect the subject matter as it appeared in the viewfinder (a “Photograph”). Normal processing of original file is acceptable, including: (a) cropping; (b) minor adjustments to color, white balance, tone, lighting levels and curves, shadows and highlights, saturation, contrast, sharpness; (c) moderate dodging and burning; and (d) removal of dust spots and reduction of image noise. Submissions may also be disqualified if the entrant has not otherwise complied with any portion of these Official Rules, including the requirement that the text accompanying the photo submission be exactly as above.
By submitting a Submission, you consent to receiving direct messages and/or emails from Sponsors and/or their respective licensees and assignees, including but not limited to its agents, relating to the Sweepstakes. FOR MOBILE USERS – This Sweepstakes may not be supported on all mobile devices. Data rates may apply. You will be charged according to your mobile phone service provider's rate plans. Please consult your mobile phone service provider regarding rate plans. Entry into the Sweepstakes is free.
6) Only one Submission permitted per person.
7) Odds of winning depend on the number of Submissions received. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of the Prize will not be awarded.
8) One winner will receive a Canon camera and lens package, consisting of a Canon EOS RP Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-105mm Lens (ARV: $2199).
9) A winner will be selected by a random drawing conducted by Audubon on or before June 4, 2019, and notified by Audubon via Tweet or Direct Message on June 4, 2019. If the prospective winner does not respond to Audubon’s tweet or Direct Message within five (5) business days, or otherwise cannot be contacted despite reasonable efforts by Audubon, or is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing. Arrangements for delivery of Prize will be made after Winner notification. Winner will receive his/her Prize via mail 4 weeks following the expiration of the Sweepstakes entry period.
10) Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, viruses, bugs, malfunctions, or other any other errors, human or otherwise, regardless of the cause (collectively, an “Error”), affecting an Entrant’s Submission. In the event of any Error, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to discontinue, suspend, cancel, or modify the Sweepstakes in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of a winner from among eligible Submissions received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension.
11) Entrants are solely responsible for the tweets they submit, and by posting a tweet to enter the Sweepstakes, each Entrant represents and warrants that: (a) his/her post is the sole and original creation of the Entrant and has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work; (b) the Submission does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark/tradename, or other proprietary right of any person (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity; (c) the Submission is the sole and exclusive property of the Entrant; (d) publication/distribution of the Submission, or a portion thereof, on each Sponsor’s websites, each Sponsor’s social media platforms and websites, will not infringe on or violate the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity; and (e) the Submission is not defamatory, obscene, hateful, harassing, or discriminatory, nor is a violation of any law, including those protecting privacy, publicity, trade secrets, copyrights or trademarks. Entrants agree to indemnify the Sweepstakes Entities against any third party claim that Entrant’s tweet breaches these representations and warranties.
By submitting a Submission, you agree that a Sponsor can modify your post, including but not limited to, altering, and editing your post. By submitting a Submission, you agree that you shall have no right of approval, no claim to additional compensation and no claim (including without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation, right of publicity or copyright) arising out of any use, alteration, modification, editing any or all of the post.
12) Prize is subject to availability. No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted, except at Audubon’s sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute for any reason whatsoever a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in their sole discretion. The Winner is responsible for the reporting and payment of all taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the prize.
13) By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrant grants to Sponsors a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual license to use its Submission, in whole or in part, in any manner related to the Sweepstakes, including all associated use, reproduction, distribution, sublicense, derivative works, and commercial and non-commercial exploitation rights in any and all media now known or hereafter invented. Entrant also grants Sponsors the right, unless prohibited by law, to use Entrant’s name, city and state of residence, voice, picture and likeness, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of (a) advertising and publicizing Audubon’s mission and (2) on each Sponsor’s social media pages and websites. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission. Sweepstakes Entities do not guarantee that any Submission will be posted. Subject to the rights granted to Sponsor, all Entrants retain all copyrights in their post.
14) By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the prize, Entrant and/or Winner agrees to, and hereby does, release Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with Entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the Sweepstakes; the awarding, receipt, use or misuse of the prize; participation in any prize related activities; and, claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Sweepstakes Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any winner’s ability to claim a prize awarded in the Sweepstakes for reasons of the prize provider’s bankruptcy, insolvency or failure to continue its business. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
13) Following June 4, 2019, you may obtain the name and city of residence of the Winner by mailing a self-addressed stamped envelope to Audubon #WorstBirdPic Sweepstakes, 225 Varick Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10014, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Audubon #WorstBirdPic Sweepstakes Winner’s List.” Requests received after June 30, 2019 will not be honored.