With this DIY bird feeder, you can welcome more birds into your backyard by repurposing your empty milk cartons. This quick and easy project is fun for you and will provide a good food source for your avian visitors.
Adult supervision required
- 1 milk or juice carton
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Any other reusable decorations you want.
1. Cut a large hole in the center of one side of the carton.
2. Beneath the large hole, cut a small hole to put a stick through, providing a perch for dining birds.
3. Cut a hole at the top to pull the rope through for the feeder to hang from.
4. Paint and decorate your feeder.
5. Fill with birdseed.
6. Hang in a spot about five feet from the ground, preferably with a good view from your window.