UPDATE: THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED
We're giving away five copies of A Season on the Wind: Inside the World of Spring Migration, courtesy of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. To enter the giveaway, just leave a comment at the bottom of this page with your favorite fact about Kenn Kaufman and check back next Wednesday for our replies. Scroll down for the official rules. The contest ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Tuesday, April 9, 2019.
In the meantime, read an excerpt from the book.
The Audubon A Season on the Wind Giveaway Official Rules and Regulations
1) Sponsor: Audubon Magazine, an operating unit of National Audubon Society, Inc., 225 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014 (“Audubon Magazine” or “Audubon”).
2) No purchase necessary.
3) The “A Season on the Wind” (“Sweepstakes”) is open from 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 2 through 11:59 p.m. ET on April 9, 2019.
4) To be eligible, Entrants must be at least 18 years old as of April 2, 2019 and a resident of the contiguous 48 United States. Employees, officers, and directors of Audubon and any and all entities directly associated with the Sweepstakes, including immediate family members and members of the same household, are not eligible to participate (collectively with Audubon, the “Sweepstakes Entities”). Void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes are governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all the terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”).
5) To enter the Sweepstakes, Entrants must leave a comment with their favorite Kenn Kaufman fact by logging in with Disqus or a Twitter, Facebook, or Google account on the following article page of Audubon Magazine’s website: https://www.audubon.org/news/win-copy-kenn-kaufmans-book-new-book-season-wind. Audubon reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and remove any Submission and/or entrant at any time, including in the event of any evidence of false or deceptive acts by an entrant, including, but not limited to, multiple Submissions or Submissions reasonably suspected to be generated by script, macro or other automatic means; any Submission determined to be offensive, inappropriate, not in keeping with Audubon’s image or if it is otherwise determined that the entrant has not otherwise complied with any portion of these Official Rules.
6) Only one entry permitted per person.
7) Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
8) Five winners will each receive one copy of the book A Season on the Wind, by Kenn Kaufman, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (value: $26) (Total value of all prizes: $130).
9) Winners will be selected by a random drawing conducted by Audubon Magazine on April 10, 2019 and notified by Audubon Magazine via the article page on or before April 10, 2019. If within seven (7) business days using Audubon Magazine’s reasonable effort, any winner does not respond to Audubon Magazine’s comment, or otherwise cannot be contacted, or is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may be selected.
10) Audubon is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, viruses, bugs, malfunctions, or other any other errors, human or otherwise, regardless of the cause (collectively, an “Error”). In the event of any Error, Audubon reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to discontinue, suspend, cancel, or modify the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Audubon reserves the right to judge all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the Error using the selection procedure outlined above. Prize is subject to availability. No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted, except at Audubon’s sole discretion.
11) Entrants are solely responsible for the comments they submit, and by posting a comment, represent and warranty that the comment is not defamatory, obscene, hateful, harassing, or discriminatory, nor is a violation of any law, including those protecting privacy, publicity, trade secrets, copyrights or trademarks. Entrants agree to indemnify the Sweepstakes Entities against any third party claim that their Comment breaches these representations and warranties.
12) Audubon reserves the right to substitute for any reason whatsoever a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for the reporting and payment of all taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of their prize not specified herein as being awarded.
13) By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrant grants to Audubon the right, unless prohibited by law, to use Entrant’s name, city and state of residence, voice, picture and likeness, and comments, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods, services and mission of Audubon, in any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity.
14) By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the prize, Entrant and/or winner agrees to, and hereby does, release Audubon from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with their participation or attempted participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the awarding, receipt, use or misuse of the prize or participation in any prize related activities, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Audubon, subsidiaries, affiliates and divisions, and their respective directors, officers, employees, attorneys, representatives and agents make no warranties, and hereby disclaim all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any winner’s ability to claim a prize awarded in the Sweepstakes for reasons of the prize provider’s bankruptcy, insolvency or failure to continue its business. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
13) You may obtain the name and city of residence of winners by mailing a self-addressed stamped envelope to A Season on the Wind Giveaway, 225 Varick Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10014, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “A Season on the Wind Giveaway winners’ list.”