As you may have noticed, we’ve made some improvements to Audubon.org. A lot has changed!
If you’ve been here before, you’ll notice that we’ve combined what was previously two separate sites—for the magazine and the organization—into a single site at Audubon.org—the best place on the web for people who love birds and want to help protect them and their habitats.
If you've never been here before, well—we hope this will make a lot of sense. Everything Audubon (and, by natural extension, Everything Birds) will now be much easier to find under one roof, including several all-new features and sections:
- A completely overhauled Field Guide to North American Birds, featuring beautiful photography, in-depth information on more than 800 North American bird species written by birding legend Kenn Kaufman and sourced from his Lives of North American Birds, artwork from renowned bird illustrator David Allen Sibley, and bird-call audio from Lang Elliott & Associates.
- A brand-new home for our namesake John James Audubon's legendary Birds of America watercolors, where you can download your favorite prints in glorious high-resolution.
- Our Conservation section, where you can connect with Audubon's work across the hemisphere and along the flyways, and find out where to find a chapter or nature center near you. Get closer to Audubon today, and join the one million members who already have.
- The News section, which will be your daily brief on the stories that matter most for birds from around the world and across the Audubon network.
- The Features section, home to all of our world-class photo-rich reporting, including every story from each issue of Audubon magazine. (You can also find a link to our latest issue's table of contents at the very top of each page.)
- And can we talk about that new roof? Every page of our site has been redesigned. Beautiful photography and an easy reading experience is now front-and-center (a big thanks is warranted to our design partner, Mule Design, and to our build partner Pro People for building the site).
So, as you can see, we've changed a lot. Everything, to be precise. And there is much more to come in the very near future as we continue to iron out the kinks and add new features.
If you're a frequent visitor and you’re having a hard time finding something from the old site via our site search (the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner of every page), we're here to help. Please drop us a line with the form below if anything seems broken, and we'll investigate. We can't respond personally, but taking a second to let us know you can't find something will help us make the site better for everyone, and we appreciate it.
We hope you enjoy our new site as much as we love making it for you. In the end, we're all here for the same reason—the birds!