To get started participating in Climate Watch find a local Coordinator in your area (see Coordinator listing) or click here to explore an in-depth, visual guide to how climate watch works and learn how you can get started on your own.
Please make sure to sign up here to receive email updates about Climate Watch.
Listen to a recorded webinar on "Climate Watch for Beginners" recorded April 29, 2020
Then follow these steps below:
Step 1: First, read these to learn how to conduct Climate Watch surveys
- A two-page PDF to provide a general overview of the effort to participants
- One-page overview protocol document
- An overview video of the Climate Watch program (3 min)
- Climate Watch Survey Manual details the scientific protocol for surveys
- Climate Watch protocol: How to choose your survey points
- A recorded webinar about the science of Climate Watch and how to participate (45 minutes)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Overview of scientific protocol through a Story Map
Step 2: Next, learn about the ways you can collect and submit your data
- How to submit your data to Climate Watch
- Instructional overview of the methods for collecting and submitting data
- For those that do not want to use technology here are an optional printable Climate Watch Data Collection Form and Data Collection Template
Step 3: Before you go out to survey, use these online mapping tools to plan your survey locations
Climate Watch Planner Mapping Tool: Link to Mapping tool
Instructions on how to use the tool to explore squares and plan survey point locations.
A short video on how to place a survey point.
If you are asked for login credentials, please follow these steps
1. Go to arcgis.com and login with the provided credentials.
Username : ClimateWatch Password: Audubon1
2. Once logged in and while in the same window, go to the top and navigate to https://gis.audubon.org/ClimateWatch
Claim a Climate Watch Square: Link to Mapping tool (Click on Claim a Square tab)
Instructions for the Claim a Climate Watch Square tool.
A short video on how to claim a square.
- ESRI Climate Watch planner training webinar (Updated for Summer 2018 Survey Period, 30 min)